Our 2008 Labor Analysis demonstrates that our population will respond to new job, training and benefit opportunities.
- Regional unemployment (2008) – 6.8%
- Regional potential labor force – 20, 610
- Regional potential job seekers – 7,875
- Interested in changing jobs – 6,169
- 92% have a high school diploma, 73% have education/training beyond high school, 32% have a college degree, 5% have a post graduate/professional degree.
- 53% have “excellent” or “above average” computer skills.
- 98% are interested in additional training and/or education.
- 67% indicated experience with management, median length of time – 12 years.
- Workers will drive 30-60 minutes one-way for a higher-skilled, higher wage job.
- Median wage for management - $23.80/hr, business and financial operations - $16.80/hr, computer & mathematical science - $22.00/hr, architecture and engineering - $16.00/hr, office and administrative support - $11.90/hr, production - $12.90/hr, construction - $16.30/hr.
- Lake Region State College is 70 miles from Langdon. The Langdon North Dakota State University Research Extension Center is available for distance learning (LPN’s, RN’s, business), and has access to the North Dakota University System.
- Equipment operation, agricultural, construction and industrial technology skills exist in the local labor force because of our agricultural economic base.
- Langdon Wind, LLC, a 133-turbine wind farm, was constructed in 2007 and 2008, bringing highly skilled jobs to the community.
To see the most recent labor availability study for the Devils Lake Region, please visit the Devils Lake Region Partnership website.